Tuesday 29 November 2011

Kites Restaurant@ Holiday Inn Kuala Lumpur, Glenmarie Shah Alam: Highly Not Recommended, Buy Coupons and You Will Regret

Yes, you read it right. Bought two coupons around a couple of months ago. When I thought it was the right time to redeem the vouchers, I was very excited. I have been visiting many hotels with various stars-rated, and now this is my time to go to a so-called “5-star hotel restaurant” to experience what other bloggers wrote in their blog.



source: Groupon.my


The highlights were:

  • ·         Relaxing 5-star hotel restaurant overlooking a swimming pool and landscaped garden.
  • ·    Wide selection of local favourites and western delights like roast beef and lamb stew.
  • ·         BBQ spread: mussels, Cajun chicken, grilled fish and more.
  • ·         Vegetarian options like salad, potato dishes and dessert.


All I got were nothing but disappointments. I don’t want to elaborate much on this, but I think I had the same experience as one of the customer’s feedback. Read his comments that I’ve print screen from the discussion page in Groupon website:


Source: Groupon website
my comment would be: No, they NEVER improved!



There were only two menu/ plates that I ate at this restaurant that night, most of the reasons was because there were not much food were served as they claimed as “wide selection of local favourites and western delights”. I remembered they only served less than 10 kinds of food delights such as nasi beriyani, chicken grilled and fish schezuan.


nasi beriyani


chicken grilled, sausages and fish schezuan



Secondly, I never write bad things in my food review before, but I’m sorry to say that the restaurant’s service was very, very bad. I called the waiters to made extra order, but they just ignore me. Finally I managed to call one waiter who came to my table to collect used plates. I ordered 2 orange juices and waited for almost half an hour. There was no response but I can see from my table they kept looking at my coupons and talked about it. 

I didn’t know why they have this ‘kerek’ face to me, and even the waitress who passed by my table give a smirk and I could hear her sigh. Is it wrong to make extra order??? Their acts were getting on my nerves. I called for second time, and then the waiter came and explained to me that the coupons didn't include the juice. I didn't care how much it cost, but I'm terribly upset that they treated us like beggars, like we can't afford to pay for two glasses orange juice that costs rm53. It was very annoying, and for the first time I heard my polite fiancĂ©e said “rasa macam nak campak je duit kat diorang”. Anyway thank to him that keep me patience, if not I’ll blow out at that time.


I've found what others comment in the discussion page about drinks
if the juice or other drinks are chargeable, so what??


To those who read this, you can make your own judgments. I never had been to a place with disrespect people/workers such this place. They treated me badly and made me feels like I’m a penniless. I have my own pride too. I couldn’t stay longer because I was so pissed off. I finished my drinks and went to the counter to made payments for the extra orders. The waiter seemed shock when I handed him two RM50 notes for the Rm53 orange juice. He didn’t even have small change!

I’m not showing off or saying that I’m rich so you should treat me good. The thing is, please respect other people whatever his/her background. And hellooo, it doesn’t mean that we buy coupons because we couldn’t afford the real price. Not all people think the same way OK! Sorry to say, but this restaurant don't deserve to serve in a 5-star hotel with that attitude. They just only treat ‘privileged members’ nicely and not to others. Enough is enough. Kites Restaurant is totally not for me. And if I’m richer, I won’t go to this restaurant anymore!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, thanks for sharing this post. I was contemplating organising a birthday gathering at this place as they were offering the deal at Living Social. Guess I'll look elsewhere.

    http://www.everyday.com.my/coupons/kl/HolidayInn_Kites.htm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...